Maximize Your MISTI Experience
Minor in Applied International Studies
The Minor in Applied International Studies (MAIS) is designed to help students integrate a practical, applied international experience into a coherent course of study. The minor is built around four key principles:
- The equivalent of 4 semesters of college language training related to the student’s
geographical specialization. Upper level language subjects (beyond the first year) may count towards the total of six subjects.
- theory combined with in-the-field experience
- applied cross-cultural communication skills
- independent research skills
The result is a comprehensive plan of study that allows students to gain the skills necessary for a productive, sustainable career in the global economy.
The Minor in AIS consists of six subjects with an international focus from any program in the School of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, including:
- At least 2 focused on one area of the world, and at least one in the social sciences. Qualifying subjects will be determined with the help of the minor advisor
- The equivalent of 4 semesters of college language training related to the student’s geographical specialization. Upper level language subjects (beyond the first year) may count towards the total of six subjects.
- An intensive international experience (MISTI, D-LAB, or other for at least 2-3 months).
500 Internal Server Error- 澳门太阳城网站-最新网站注册
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.